Mr. Davis has over 18 years of experience and is board certified in family law.

Enforcement Actions

Enforcement actions are when one of the parties believes that the other party is not complying with provisions contained in a prior court order.  Most enforcement cases involve child support, spousal support, or visitation, all of which include the possibility of jail time.  If you are facing an enforcement action, you must treat the allegations seriously and get legal representation  immediately to protect your rights and prevent a contempt finding if possible.

If you need to enforce a prior court order, there are extremely stringent requirements that must be complied with to be successful. Please bring your prior order to your initial consultation.

Paternity Actions

Unmarried parents who desire to establish the parent-child relationship, obtain custody of their child, get a court order laying out the visitation schedule, and obtaining child support is called a suit to establish paternity. This is very similar to a divorce case without the property aspects

Divorce Litigation

In a typical divorce, you will encounter a lot of new terms, significant changes in your closest relationships, a shifting of financial resources, a change in how you view property, and have to discuss very private matters. 

To help you, we have a series of videos on our "resources" page to help you get a better grasp of the major subjects, terminology, and an overview of what to expect.  You can also download a helpful tool called an "Overview of the Divorce Process" directly from our website. 

We highly suggest that you watch as many videos that apply to your situation prior to coming in for your consultation. We have found that this information can not only save you time and money, but allow you to focus the consultation on the issues that matter the most to you.

Modification Cases

If you already have a prior court order in place and someone is seeking to change the terms of that order, this suit is called a modification.  The party requesting a change must show a material and substantial change of circumstances under most circumstances to allow the Court to make the requested modification.

If you are coming in for a modification case, you should fill out our general information form on our website and watch as many of the videos that you think would apply to your situation prior to your appointment.